Job Description – Maintenance Technician
Title: Electrical & Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Foreman Supervisor & Manager
Job purpose: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Supervision, Job Knowledge, Productivity.
Minimum Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical or Intermediate with 3 Years Practical hands-on experience in CNC machines and PLC.