Job Description – Sales Engineer
Title: Sales Engineer
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Supports sales and marketing managers by tracking, investigating, and reporting sales information; resolving problems.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Market survey of upcoming projects to predict the forth coming demand of Transformer
- Establish contacts with Utilities, Consultants and Contractors to follow up the requirement of transformers for the projects identified.
- Obtain inquires and submit offers.
- Follow-up for approval of drawings by Customer.
- Develop pricing strategy with an eye towards maximizing the firm’s share of the market and its profits while ensuring that the firm’s customers are satisfied.
- Follow-up on the offers made to the customers for obtaining orders.
- Arrange factory visits and customer inspections.
- Schedule transformers deliveries to meet customer requirements in co-ordination with the related departments.
- Ensure relevant documentation for the dispatch of transformers.
- Follow-up of payments.
- Prepare brochures/leaflets to meet Company’s marketing strategy.
- Periodical analysis of the orders received in comparison with the offers made.
- Develop strategy to increase our market share and the development of new markets.
- Customer Visits and Follow ups.
- Looking after Utilities requirement and studying the tenders from them.
- To follow up the quotations and job in hand inquiries.
- To generate inquiries from new customers.
- To handle customer related issues such as drawings, technical data sheets from design with help of Sales team.
- Ensure that the database of customers (and prospective customers) is kept up to date.
Education: BS Electrical Engineering (Power System Preferred)
Electrical Engineering, Power System Studies, Substation Automation, Cost Estimation and Sales. Thorough understanding of relevant techno-commercial tender documents, communication skills, interpersonal skills and sales skills